Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The MarchingBand

As many of you who are reading this blog know my father. Well you could say marching band runs in my family. My dads mom was a band mom of course with raising 3 boys. My mom's mom playeddrums and boy was she cool. My mom was drum major (she also plays trumpet), my dad was section leader of the drumline for sophomore, junior, and senior years. Also my sister is in marching and she plays base drum and i will be in marching band next year in pit but i play trumpet. Mercer county high school (The marching band) is going to state and will probably win. We have gotten grand champion and reserved champion about every time we compete. Last saturday at regions we won of course. It was so cold!!!!! I had 3 shirts on plus a jacket plus thermal pants plus fuzzy socks and i was still cold. Oh, and a scarf.

The band checked in a hotel the night before state and they had a halloween party. The band director Jeff Meadows was a PIMP!!! The assistant director mr.Barbor was mr.meadows. The colorguard leader (the one that teaches them the formations and stuff like that) was some one like angelina joli or somthin like that, and another helper Ms.Ashford was a nun. State rocked, so did loffayate u guys rock!!!!!! My dad and i got in the 300's which are really high seats and we could see the formation awsomly!!!!! the scores were absolutly awful!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone was absolutly mad. We did better than that. Boyle's good and i can see them beating us, but callaway????
They like 8 pointed us.
Total scores for finals
Calloway-84.08
(US) Mercer-81.43
Boyle-81.59
madisonville-89.79

Total scores for semi finals

Calloway-85.95
mercer-89.03
boyle-89.39
madisonville-90.33

Hmmmmmm? Fishy huh?

2 comments:

WellDigger said...

Good luck. You know I'm on y'alls side.

WellDigger said...

Hey - Am enjoying this for sure!!!!
Nana