Friday, October 24, 2008

The Worst (BASED on a true story)

We were all sitting there. Mom and i were getting ready to go.John and Tricia were standing(my aunt and uncle) mom, bob(my grandfather)and i were all sitting. Kyra was holing Zane.(2 of my many cousins) "granny," was barely hanging on to life. She had been in the nursing home for 6 months. Mom and I were leaving and when I discovered Zane had left his new transformer in our Jeep. I ran inside and John said he needed to see mom. Skipping happily because we were going home i stopped and the worst thought came to mind, "Did she....." "no, she couldn't. Mom went inside and when John wispered in her ear i new something was wrong. She burst out in tears and i new the worst thought had become an action. I hugged her closely and tried to look at her but just couldn't. Then i noticed Zane was still asleep. "Thank God."

We were waiting for Zane to wake up and i was pacing in the garden. A place for people in the nursing home could go around and enjoy the flowers and air. Finally, Zane woke up and we told him. Surprisingly Zane didn't cry as much as i thought a 6 year old would. It was about 9:00 at night. Mom and i can't drive 2 1/2 hours back to mercer county then me go to school and she go to work at 6 in the morning. So we stayed the night, got up about 4:00 in the morning and headed for home. Sure enough i had to go to school. Mom didn't have to go to work why should i have to go to school? When i arrived at school i was in 1st period and had the greatest teacher ever, Mrs.Cummins. she asked were i was so i told her my grandmother died and she gave me a hug. It was 3 three days till the last day of school for fall break and i got to skip the last day of school to go to granny's funeral. There my other grandmother came and i made a new friend who's grandmother had died like mine. When i was back at the fifth grade academy after fall break, i talk to my guidance counselor about granny and she said a good way to remember granny was to make a scrapbook of memories. Christmas doesn't see the same without granny.
My name is Isabella Rose Cherolis and i wish i could go back in time and respect my granny more.

No comments: